HOW TO STYLE A WHITE TEE



Any of my clients will know all too well how much I go on about the 'need' (not just want!) in any girl's wardrobe for great basics.  Not just that, but we're all guilty of letting the basic pieces suffer and I guarantee with an update of basics and replacement of an old tee here and there you'll feel like you suddenly have so many more outfits and looks!

I've seen it time and time again in my client's closets, where tanks and tees are the missing link and pull together a look in an instant!

I'm actually a big tee fan at the moment, but I'm talking about an oversized, slouchy, off-the-shoulder version as opposed to a freebie in the style of a man's round crew neck tee!  (Although knotted at the waist, we can make it work right girls?)

I think a slouchy tee, worn in the right way with skinny jeans and on-trend heels actually gives an air of 'effortless chic' and understated style more than showing lots of flesh to get attention!

Bet you never thought a white tee was so workable into so many looks?  Think again...

Try a slouchy tee with skinny jeans and a leather jacket.  How about under a blazer with print pants?  Or what about with a midi skirt, heels and a chunky necklace for a night out?




GREAT FOR DRINKS WITH FRIENDS OR SWITCH THE SHOES FOR A DAYTIME LOOK





GREAT FOR WORK OR BUSINESS MEETING




GREAT FOR A NIGHT OUT OR SWITCH THE SHOES AND BAG FOR A CUTE LUNCH DATE LOOK


These great tees from Premonition Designs (a great website from Australia, shipping worldwide, which I found)  I like the fact they're basic with a twist.  The top of the sleeve is cut out and the back is open.


CROSS BACK TEE WHITE - PREMONITION DESIGNS $69.95 (AUS $)



CROSS BACK TEE GREEN - PREMONITION DESIGNS $69.95 (AUS $)

They work so well with skinnies, loose pants and skirts too!  I love how they are also styled with leather too, this is a great way of transitioning from Summer into Fall.  I'm so glad I bought the white and winter green and can't wait to wear the green with leatherette skinnies in the Fall!

I decided to opt for a basic look with the white tee (perfect for life in Southern Cali, but I still need a style injection!) with hair tied up in a topknot and little to no make-up.  I actually think this look is so versatile and the simplicity is where the style comes from.


CROSS BACK TEE WHITE - PREMONITION DESIGNS; BLUE SKINNIES WITH SIDE GOLD ZIPS - TARGET; CROSS BODY BAG - MARC JACOBS


It's all in the tuck!  Take the front left or right part and tuck loosely into the top of your jeans/pants.  It takes it from looking like a plain tee to adding style to the look!





AU NATUREL!

It can be liberating to go au-naturel on the make-up front.  Whenever I go this simple, I always still have one statement piece and my Marc Jacobs cross body bag just pulled it together in a casual, effortless way.

White tees should be replaced every 6 months at least, as they wear out, fade, start to tarnish quicker than other colored basics.  It's always worth buying more than one too!  Here are some of my fav white tee picks!

For a timeless option, try Splendid or James Perse for great white tees....


VINTAGE WHISPER BOXY TEE - SPLENDID $98 - A little pricier, but Splendid are always great quality and feel great on the skin!  Try Nordstrom Rack for a discounted version and when it's a basic/classic piece, being a seasonal trend doesn't come into play.

Another great brand to try for basics is ABOUND, available at Nordstrom and The Rack (from $9).  They do great tanks in every color under the sun and also cute slim-fitting cardigans and also tees and shirts!  I've tried all of these and honestly love them, so always stock up in The Rack!  

Cheaper versions to Splendid include Target in the US (always running deals on multi-buys of tanks and tees and great fabric choices!) and of course Primark in the UK.









No comments:

Post a Comment