3 KEY PIECES FOR SPRING



As you read through Chic-y posts, you'll already see a number focusing on how to pull together your Spring wardrobe, with lots of tips and advice to move effortlessly and without breaking the bank into the new season

I've got lots of tricks up my sleeve, so will keep sharing, as I think the seasonal transition can be a big wardrobe challenge for many, especially as it starts to warm up and then cools again.  Layers are key and a few key pieces which are trans-seasonal, whatever your style preference

I have been topping up my new season wardrobe a fair bit over the past couple of weeks.  For a few reasons:  1.  my summer wardrobe is holed up in a closet in Southern California, ready for my return!  I really didn't think it would 'get warm' in the UK before I headed back!  2. I've had lots of events and clients I need to demo the new looks too and 3. well, there's lots of gorgeous stuff out there and I wanted some nice bits and pieces to add to my already bulging wardrobe in the US!  (I was pre-warned by my family not to bring anything else over, oops!)

I wanted to share 3 key items I picked up which have really woken up my wardrobe for spring in many ways; because the colours are so now and feel lighter, the fabrics feel lighter and the look is fresh

3 KEY PIECES

NUDE PATENT WEDGES - NEW LOOK - £17.99

I've mentioned these in a previous blog about how accessories can make or break your whole look.  I have a multitude of wedges and absolutely love them, so there's always room for another pair in my book!  These are a great investment and absolute bargain at only £17.99!  They go with EVERYTHING and I have already had a number of clients trotting home in them.  I was with one of my Stylists today (wearing these again I hasten to add!) and she's going back for them tomorrow too!  Ahem, New Look, I think a commission might be in order!  They work for so many occasions and are the perfect height for comfort and style!  They also bear incredible likeness to the LK Bennett pair which are £175.  Get these before they're gone!



PEACH / NUDE GOLD STUDDED LEATHER BAG - RIVER ISLAND - £60

I kept popping in after clients and stroking this bag, wondering if I really needed another bag!  I bit the bullet when every outfit I was putting together felt like the only thing that would finish it would be this peach/nude coloured leather bag and I just couldn't stop thinking about it.  Do you ever do that?  Why does that happen?  Every outfit, up the bag popped in my head!  The colour is a gorgeous muted peach shade and has matt gold studs down each side and just feels 'lighter' than heavier autumnal browns, so feels perfect for the new season.  It fits nicely on the shoulder all slouchy and also has a crossover, which is perfect for travelling.  I'm going to take this when I head back to the US!  



FLORAL SKINNIES - PRIMARK - £13

I've also mentioned these before in my blog, but they really do fall well into the '3 Key Pieces For Spring', so here they are again!  Coloured and floral print jeans are everywhere this spring and whilst it is about wearing styles and trends to suit you, these are a great key trend for anyone - that's any shape or size to pick up on.  I've had every lady from size 8 to 16, with Classic style personalities to Dramatic in these

They really do suit everyone, it's just how you wear them.  Adding a nude heel will lengthen the leg and create height and confidence; they work best with a plain slouchy tee or loose blouse for all shapes and sizes

I think the reason they work so well is they are a fresh take on the good ole' blue jean and offer a great alternative that just slots into your wardrobe and outfit effortlessly.  Not only that, but they are super comfy and can be dressed up with a blazer and heels or down with a loose tee, thong sandals or cute wedges

Primark have really excelled themselves on the floral print skinny front this season, so much so they have literally grown wings and flown out!  Great US brands like J Brand and Current Elliott have some great styles and prints, but they won't leave you with much change out of £200, so these make for a cheap and cheerful option which allows you to trial the style without breaking the bank

I'm working all three of these together for a great spring look and mixing each piece individually with lots of other looks.  The nude wedges work great with dresses, skirts and dress up shorts in a classic stylish way; the bag, well goes with every outfit as you now know and the jeans are a new and surprising staple! Go on try them, I dare you!

Happy new season shopping ladies!  If you want some help with getting it right this season, drop me a line or visit my styling services at www.styleoursouls.com

xo




2 comments:

  1. Love your blog especially the Primark Skinnies. I bought a mint green pair and reckon they are a dead ringer for J Brand, what do you think?

    http://thesuburbanstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/minty-fresh.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Lucy, glad you like it! I know the EXACT mint green ones you mean and 'invested' in a pair myself! They are so close to the J Brand ones, I've even had people stop me in the street and ask where they're from! I'm sporting the florals today, well the sun is shining!

    Will follow your blog too, stay stylish!
    The Chiconomista xo

    ReplyDelete