HOW TO WEAR MINT SKINNY JEANS



Following the success of the coral skinny jeans a la Kate Middy (see previous Chiconomista post) you may have noticed a colour jean explosion on the high street, with mint green being top of the pile.  Don't be afraid of the trend, this light coloured denim alternative could just be what you've been looking for to take you through the spring/summer months


MINT GREEN SKINNIES - PRIMARK - £11

This version from Primark are great and a real take on the J Brand version, AGAIN!  That's Current Elliot and J Brand Primark have been keeping a close eye on pre-season.  They fit snug around the leg and have a high rise around the waist so are more flattering.  I've been asked a few times by clients where the best mint skinnies are from at the moment, without having to break the bank and apart from the Primark ones, H&M have a good version for £14.99, although they are slightly thinner and more lightweight.  There's also a fab brand called REUSE, who are all about eco-fashion and who I discovered in the US, these will set you back best part of £100

HOW TO WEAR MINT SKINNY JEANS

I hear all the time from clients how hard it can be to translate a new trend into your wardrobe, so I've put together some tips for you on how to wear your mint green skinnies and style them up so you don't feel encased in green







There are a couple of colour tips when it comes to your mint skinnies 1) team them with more mint green, this colour actually works really well head to toe and looks really classy especially when teamed with gold accessories 2) opt for nude and neutral shades to really compliment the tone and keep the look stylish, without being too much.  For the record, this colour combo is so spring/summer '12, so you'll be rocking a key look for the season to boot!

This outfit which I put together works well with the neutral colours and metallic edge, to give it some glam for an effortless chic going out look

(Image courtesy of Polyvore, styled by Emma Wellings, www.styleoursouls.com)



Similarly with this look I've teamed mint skinnies with a loose cream tee (these are great and only £7.99 from H&M, they come in cream, coral, black and neon yellow - I've had EVERY client in them recently! A great staple and great value!) The tee can be dressed up with a pendant and heels or build a casual look with nude pumps or shoe boots

Don't be afraid to try coloured skinnies whatever your size or shape, you can make them work!  This look would work for all shapes, if you're curvier, you may feel more confident by adding a blazer or loose-fitting cardi and belt

If you're bottom-heavy, add some more attention to the top half with accessories, patterned tops or scarves and add a heel to lengthen your leg




JEANS - PRIMARK (£11); CREAM TEE - H&M (£7.99); BAG - RIVER ISLAND (£65); WEDGES - NEW LOOK (£17.99); PUMPS - PRIMARK (£7); STUDDED SHOE BOOTS - PRIMARK (£12)

A key style tip when it comes to coloured skinnies, especially mint is the shoes you wear with them.  This can be tricky if it's not warm enough to wear sandals, so what kind of shoe do you wear that is lightweight enough and the right colour?

Here's a close-up of some of the shoes I mentioned in the above styling pic.  I'm wearing the studded taupe shoe boots, so you can see better how they look.  I've also added in my favourite bronze heeled shoe boots from Dune (far right)  The metallic of these shoe boots means they go with everything, add some height (but are still comfortable) and add some edge with the metallic bronze leather






Similarly, in order to keep your look pulled together, you need to opt for a lighter coloured bag - black and dark brown will look heavy with this lighter summery shade.  I bought this Gucci tote bag some years ago and as the colour palette combines creams and dark browns, it truly does go with everything, so the investment and cost per wear is well worth it - perfect for this season's colour palette!



An off-white, cream bag or neutral shade will work perfectly with your mint skinnies and any other coloured skinnies for that matter.  I picked up this 'bucket bag' for £9 from Primark.  It also comes in Black and Choc Brown and looks just like a Marc Jacobs version I've seen.  I had seen this one in there for a while and was grabbing a Starbuck's when I spotted a super-stylish new mum with it, little did she know she'd inspired my style!  I trotted back and made the inevitable purchase!  Get them before they're gone!



Here's how I styled my mint skinnies for a smart casual daytime look



JEANS - AS BEFORE; SNAKE PRINT SLEEVELESS BLOUSE - H&M (£9.99); CREAM CARDI - ADOUND, US ($15); BELT - RIVER ISLAND (£13)


This pic shoes you a close up of the gorgeous blouse and the gold detailing which makes it look so much more expensive than the 'under-a-tenner- price!  The belt is a new purchase and has a gorgeous navajo and snake print effect all the way round.  It works really well as a lighter colour option with mint skinnies, in a similar way to neutral shoes and bags


I finished off the look with, again, a lighter coloured tight-fitting leather jacket (I truly believe this style leather should feature in every woman's wardrobe and have recently acquired my third, featured below!)



JACKET - ZARA (£69.99)

Again, I love the colour combo and was so thrilled to find this jacket in one of my favourite high st haunts, Zara.  I actually found this one last week in the Zara at the Trafford Centre when I was up that way on business.  This store is one of the best Zara stores in terms of the stocks and choices they carry, it seems bigger and they always have different lines to other Zaras I go to, so definitely worth a visit!  Oh and they're super nice in there too!  (I'm going to miss Zara when I'm back in the US, thank god for online ordering)

So there you have it, How To Wear Mint Green Skinnies, drop me a line if you have any questions at all or want any specific advice and pointers for your shape

Remember, EVERYONE can wear skinnies, it's just how and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!











No comments:

Post a Comment