ROUND-UP OF CUT-OUT BOOTS



Making the transition from summer to autumn means it can be hard to leave some of your seasonal favourites behind.  Don't worry, there are some items that are working this transitional well this season, namely the cut-out ankle boot.
Over the past year, we’ve seen shirts, skirts, and dresses become victims of the cutout trend.  Cut-outs in shoes require less flesh on show and add style and an updated look to any outfit, bringing your look effortlessly from one season to the next.  Always a challenge, right ladies?
Just like a leather jacket, cutout boots can bring some understated edge to your entire look.  My advice is to wear them with EVERYTHING - you'll be surprised how many looks you get out of these!  Things get even more interesting when you venture out of basic black leather and into other neutrals and styles, such as khaki, brown or suede, still versatile yet unique enough to shake up a wardrobe.
Over the past couple of months, I've been in search of the perfect pair for my summer to fall, Californian-with-a-UK-trip wardrobe!  I found THE perfect pair by good old JC (Jeffrey Campbell) and within seconds, my size was sold out and never to be seen again!

At nearly $200, these are not cheap, but do epitomise everything you need in a cut-out boot and I guarantee you'd get your 'cost-per-wear' from these.  I was trying to get hold of the Buckeye, a gorgeous neutral sand color, perfect for ANY season....


They also come in black, brown and tan...


Sadly though, my quest failed.  So the search was on for a similar pair and as a result, here's my round-up of the best out there for your money!  I've done the hard work, so you don't have to, all under $150....
RIVER ISLAND £45 / $90



DUNE - BERTIE (ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE US)


NYLA

KURT GEIGER


I love this selection above.  The Zara version offer a classic twist and Miss Selfridge have really impressed me with their shoe collection in total this season.  I also love the dressiness of the New Look pair.

Here are some great neutral versions of the cut-out...


STEVE MADDEN - CINCH



NEW LOOK


DUNE / BERTIE

I have just taken delivery of this color and style and can honestly say I might even prefer it to the JC version, as I like the fact the buckle is gold and that it sits between tan, nude, sand and so many neutrals so is sure to go with even more!  It's also chunky enough to be edgy and for day wear, but kind of light enough to look good with skinny leather jeans for evening!  



STYLE IDEAS FOR THE CUT-OUT BOOTY


Try this look for a lunch date with the girls or a shopping trip



Try this look for a city break or taking the kids out for the day



Try this look for drinks or even for a meeting, if your work allows a more casual approach to office chic


(HEADER IMAGE: Alexander Wang Cut-Out Booties)




No comments:

Post a Comment