ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS...



There's probably always something we could think of that we 'want' when someone asks about our gift requirements for Christmas, but how many of these 'things' do we really 'NEED'?  I'm guessing probably not that many.

That's not to say I don't like giving or receiving nice things, let's face it, I'm in fashion and appreciate style, but sometimes our consumerism and decadence today honestly frightens me.  It frightens me, because when will it really stop and how far will we just keep on going?  Probably never as we need consumerism to keep the world's economy going.  In that respect it doesn't scare me.  I just think we all need to take stock sometimes, stop consuming SO much, whether it's cutting back a little and offering help to others or simply editing down our wardrobes.  It's a good time to step back and think about what really truly matters and well, what we REALLY want for Christmas.

So after I coveted these luxury items and penned my Christmas list, I scratched them out and opted for something a lot less costly, yet a whole more valuable..

THE CHICONOMISTA'S LUXURY CHRISTMAS LIST (ok, ok I edited it somewhat for the purposes of this post :( )


YSL CROSSBODY PURSE (well anything YSL right ladies?)


CHANEL ULTRA RING 


BEAUTIFUL HEELS (Manolos or Louboutins, I'm not picky)



CASHMERE SWEATER/WRAPAROUND (to keep me warm, shucks!)



LEOPARD COURTS (to replace the one shoe I lost, can't bring myself to throw the single shoe away as they were truly a favorite, so really should get a new pair and face up to the loss!)



No matter how much I love fashion and have channelled it into my professional life, I can honestly say I would scratch all of the above in a heart beat for the things that truly matter in my life.  So my new and revised Christmas list for this year and the future is....


LOVE, HAPPINESS, HEALTH & PEACE (INSIDE & OUT) FOR ME AND MY LOVED ONES


Stay stylish Chiconomistas; stay true to yourselves & think about what you TRULY NEED, not WANT xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment