WHAT TO WEAR FOR....A PHOTOSHOOT

In the spirit of offering style tips to all our fabulous followers, I'm going to start posting a series of 'What To Wear For....' and 'How To Wear....'.  I know from my years of styling how it can be the simplest things that cause the most frustration when it comes to your wardrobe.  My work as a Stylist is all about helping real women, just like you, find a way to get to grips with their wardrobe to save yourself time, stress and money!  It doesn't have to be hard ladies and you deserve to look and feel fabulous, so stay tuned and read on...

The first in my series of 'What To Wears' comes with a dose of humour and some real style challenges, should you ever find yourself in the same situation!  'What To Wear For A Photo Shoot'...added to that, outfits that express my/our style as an organisation and the first day of snow this winter, oh and a photographer who has a penchant for snapping au naturale in the outdoors (I'm excited to see how it all looks)

Believe it or not, there are days when a Stylist needs a Stylist!  Not so much for the outfit inspiration, moreover the tweaking of the shot and making sure everything is in place, as the camera really never lies!

I always love shoots, as it brings out my artistic, creative side not just in putting together the outfits and styling, but it also reminds me of my previous dabblings as a model in my late teens!

So what do you wear for a photo shoot anyway?

Well it depends on what the shoot is for obviously, so for my shoot today, which was for some updated promo and styling shots it had to be fashion forward and demonstrate who I am and what my Styling business is about.  I like to think we offer a much edgier, more up-to-date approach which is completely focused on the client, her style needs, lifestyle, personality and of course budget.

There's nothing wrong with showcasing a favourite piece or that splurge item, as the laws of 'chiconomics' say that investment pieces are worth their while when we talk 'cost per wear'.  The outfits I chose actually turned out to be a mix of mainly bargain pieces, which I chose subconsciously and why I thought it would be fab to post them here, as a reminder that it's not the hefty price ticket that brings style, it's you and what you do with the outfit and how you pull it together!

SHOOT OUTFIT 1



I'm posting the actual pieces, so as not to spoil the final shots themselves when they're ready and feature on my Styling website (www.styleoursouls.com)

CHICONOMICS AT ITS FINEST - TOTAL OUTFIT COST: £36 (excluding my gold locket, but including shoes which are actually a really expensive pair, bought from a shoe sale warehouse I know of!)
These jeans are AMAZING and as good as my favourite J Brands!  They are £9 from Primark and I honestly have had every single client in the past 5 years of Styling in them, all shapes, sizes and budgets and every girl was transformed into a fabulously stylish fashionista!  The secret of them is the ink denim, the higher cut waist, plain pockets and lycra combo denim.

Teamed with a chiffon style blouse, this look can add heels, boots and be transformed from day to night.

GOLD LOCKET - I  have to mention this beautiful and special piece of jewellery!


It was a gift from my mom and was a Victorian, engraved locket.  I honestly treasure it  and wear it with everything, even costume jewellery!  It confirms the fact in my mind that gorgeous, expensive jewellery can make any outfit work.  Sometimes investing in a good piece of jewellery, bag or shoes is definitely worth it as it can give the outfit and edge and keep your look classy - even if the jeans are £9!!


SHOOT OUTFIT 2



TOTAL OUFIT COST: £127
The jumpsuit in this outfit cost the most, even more than the boots (which you might remember featured on my post yesterday, another bargain from the shoe sale warehouse I mentioned and Aldo to boot - pardon the pun!)

For those of you that haven't tried the jumpsuit - and I'm not taking any excuses of age or shape, as once again I've had ladies in their 50s, curvy and fabulous in a jumpsuit, looking sexy and chic and ready to take the world by storm - think comfort and style!  It's like wearing your pyjamas, only in a stylish form!  I LOVE this one, it's in a gorgeous deep teal, which is one of my colours being an Autumn palette and is great for day-to-night!  Remember, cross-functional pieces are one of the key laws of being a true 'chiconomista'!

Team your jumpsuit with a relaxed blazer and heels; I added a statement necklace to complete this look as I wanted an edgy, dramatic appeal for this look

SHOOT OUTFIT 3



TOTAL OUTFIT COST: £35.75 WOW even I'm astounded at my chiconomics skills, as I LOVE this outfit and felt fab in it!

I wanted a WOW appeal in either colour or the piece and as coral is a huge colour again for SS '12, I thought this would be a great outfit to show you ladies how to wear it.

It works so beautifully with gold, so I chose this divine chain belt, which is truly one of my treasures.  As you may know, Chiconomista spends a number of months a year on the fabulous West Coast of the US (read next week's blogs for some style tips hot off the press and direct from the US, as I head Stateside once again this coming Friday, excited - YOU BET!)  This chain belt is a true vintage and came into my possession when one of the ladies on our corridor moved out and had an apartment clearance.  I went along to offer her some support and as I can shop ANYWHERE and find ANYTHING TO buy, there it was gleaming and screaming at me 'BUY ME'!  For $1, gorgeous-chain-belt there was never any question, my home is your home!  $1!!!  I think that has to take the prize for 'chiconomics' thus far!

Finally...THE boots!!  Platform suede black heels, with ostrich-style feather cuff!  A true Louboutin-esque boot and can you believe it £20 from Primarni!!  I spied them from the corner of my eye and made a lunge past every other fashionista who's heart stopped as they came into vision!  Within minutes the shelves were cleared and they have never made another appearance on their shelves again!  I am convinced they are a direct designer copy and super comfy!  Shoe boots, whether high heeled like these or lower heeled, update any look and can work with so many different looks - they become your 'go-to' boots!  Wear with skinnies, sweater dresses, skirts, even smarter office type pencil skirts and sheaths.

I did some styling on the shoot too, for my lovely guinea pig client and her looks will feature when the final pics are out.  She was fab and took it all on board.  She came sporting her own skinny jeans, which was a great styled and I just finished her look with some key tips for her shape and colouring.  She left smiling, with some new ideas and ready to hit Primark tomorrow!

So there you have it, 'What To Wear For A Photoshoot' and a glamourous day in the life of a Stylist - some days are spent beavering away in my Juicy/sweats, but I love days like these where I can simply 'play dress-up'!

No comments:

Post a Comment