A LITTLE BIT WU, A LITTLE BIT AAAAARGH!!



Another post for my US followers, but hope it interests my UK followers too and if you find away of ordering online let us know!!

Ok, so here's the scoop, Target (for the benefit of UK readers: think a really large supermarket, only better and focused more on homewards, clothing, beauty and other things you never knew you needed!  You know, where you go in for one thing and end up leaving with bags of exciting goodies but £100 lighter!) in recent times have cleverly been linking up with designer brands (and picking off-the-moment ones at that!) to launch a kind of diffusion line at much much much cheaper prices!

The most exciting ones of late were the collaboration with Mulberry, yes you heard it right girls!  The bags were fantastic and there was a great Roxanne tote to rival the original version and for under $50!  Then came the Missoni collaboration or 'The Missoni Effect' as I'm sure marketers around the world are calling it!!  This really was a marketing and PR piece-de-resistance.

I was fortunate enough to be over in the US when Missoni hit, but boy I didn't know what was going to hit!  I did consider getting to my nearest Target for opening, but honestly or naively didn't think it would be as popular!  Duh, we're talking Missoni styles for $25-$30 here, why oh why didn't I think!  I can remember Mulberry being pretty well-stocked and without as much as an elbow in my face when I browsed the bags in awe!

On the launch day of Missoni for Target, stores were sold out within 2 hours nation wide; the website crashed and the pop-up store in NYC sold out in 6 hours what they thought would last for 3 days!  Women were united in their Missoni quest, but there were no friendships to be had, it was each stylish/stripey girl to their own!

...and what a quest!  I went to every Target the GPS would bring up for me and got the same shake of the head from the poor Target employees who'd probably never heard of the 'stripey knitwear brand' as one employee described it back to me as I asked her WHERE IT HAD GONE!! (but what gorgeous stripey knitwear!)

The press and TV coverage was crazy and every fashionista I cam across wanted to discuss what I'd found if anything and how crazy it was!  Ebay went into overload with items appearing on there by the second, with huge profits being made by their sellers!

My quest just got stepped up a few notches, I now HAD TO HAVE MISSONI!!  The range was only in store for a two week period, so this became a mission of military proportions!!  Before I left to head back to the UK, I did manage to bag a scarf ($14.99) and you'd have thought I'd found a pot of gold I tell you!  Needless to say I think I've worn it twice!!  Here it is....

  




So, now every fashionista across the pond (and probably worldwide!) is getting their shopping strategy (i.e. elbows and eyes) ready for the 'Jason Wu for Target' range which lands on Sunday, February 5th (Wu, Aaaaaargh!)

Apparently some of the collection has appeared on Ebay pre-launch, how that works I'm not sure, but I suspect this launch is going to be another slick marketing and PR operation.

Wu made his name, when Michelle Obama sported one of his dresses for the Inauguration ceremony for her husband.  His styles and shapes with a quirky twist are cute and feminine and the colour combos are to-die-for.  His influences come from his beloved feline friend, who even puts in an appearance on one of the bags he has designed for Target





Chiconomista keeps seeing lots of cat prints (I bought this fab cat print blouse for £14.99 from Missguided)


and I bought my mom a similar one for same price from a great cheap shop I found opposite Primark, called Select!




I predict cats could be big this Spring!  Not forgetting gorgeous animal print, which I believe is becoming a classic in its own right now!



These leopard print goodies were under £5 both from Primark!  Not my cat Earl (top pic!) but I posted him as he's so on-trend!  I honestly LIVE in the leopard print scarf and am wearing it as we speak!

Oh that reminds me, there's a fab cat print (nude with black cats) short sleeve tee in Primark for £4 at the moment, might have to pick it up at the weekend.

Anyway, back to Target, from the preview pieces which Target are now teasing us with on their website, this dress is my pick!



Gorgeous cut and colours and looks like it would be truly cross-functional (which Chiconomista loves!) and even trans-seasonal, teamed with a neat, fitted cardi!  Can't wait!

Unfortunately, I can't be there for the 8am opening on Feb 5th, but will be back over in the US by next weekend, so promise to totter along to Target (as if it's a great hardship!) and see what Wu I can find (oh and no doubt I'll have a bag of other goodies to go with my Wu!)  I'll style it up for you and post it on here, oh especially as @TargetStyle asked me to via Twitter :)

Stay stylish and bag some cat print bargains ladies! xo




No comments:

Post a Comment