KATE IN COLOURED DENIM - SPRING TREND NOW OFFICIAL!



If you had even the slightest doubt about the new season trend of coloured denim being a hit, then nothing has confirmed it more than Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, being snapped wearing a coral J Brand version when she met Team GB Hockey Team at Olympic Park, London yesterday and shot some hockey balls with them, following a love of the sport from when she was at Marlborough


An ambassador for the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics, Kate arrived in East London wearing the tight, skinny coral jeans with blue pumps, a navy blazer and the official Team GB supporters' scarf, available from Next from £5.  Kate styled the scarf well and guess what, the Kate effect is happening again!



She later swapped her blazer and scarf for a grey GB sweatshirt, rolled up her J Brand corals and finished it with Adidas trainers and still looked super stylish - I'm predicting a surge of the 'Sports Luxe' trend this season too!

Her corals have been 'assumed' as J Brands and the fash pack are claiming them as J Brands, knowing her love of these and the cut and shape on her.  ASDA saw an upsurge of 88% of their coral skinny version for only £14, versus Kate's J Brands at £190.  I predict a riot!



Well, I am proud to say I was tottering around Chelsea (Kate's own stomping ground) while the Duchess was in the east of the capital, in my very own coral skinny jeans and from ASDA at that!  Talk about a fashionista pioneering a look hey!

I actually bagged mine for £10 as part of a launch offer.  I have to say the fit is amazing, they are snug, don't go baggy and stay put around the waistline and were super comfy as I scooted around the capital on a fashion mission in my heels.  Like Kate, I myself am a huge fan of J Brand and had the pleasure of getting my hands on the coral J Brand version during a meeting with the fabulous ladies at Donna Ida Denim in London yesterday.  They are a fantastic cut, soft fabric with stretch and look every bit as candy-like as on Kate.

I even had compliments from the Donna Ida girls about my coral skinnies and felt compelled as one does to tell them they were such a bargain from ASDA.  Being The Chiconomista, I can get away with sharing my bargainous finds and now with a stampede starting for coral skinnies thanks to Kate to ASDAs across the UK, my ASDA find is a fashion hit!  Phewee!

So it was an all round denim day and coral at that!  I even saw two more coral-skinny-clad girls at the train station as I left and smiled to myself and across to them as we bonded in our coral-ness.  Little did we know Kate was part of our 'gang' too!  Get yours while stocks last!





No comments:

Post a Comment