OBSESSED, MOI?

It is obviously no secret I LOVE fashion, I guess that goes without saying.  I have been styling ever since the age of three, when my mom literally had no choice other than to go with my outfit decisions - much to her embarrassment, then not now I hasten to add!

Her and her then best friend even caught me changing into my new 'Easter outfit' behind the dustbin in the back garden, they must have giggled for hours over that one as I was caught red-handed and in a pretty white and now dirty number, I know we do now!  

My point is that fashion and style is definitely in my blood.  I get a flurry of excitement through my blood when I think of outfits, clothes, shoes, bags, new trends or items I'm going to buy and ask my Styling clients, get so excited as they are transformed into their new wardrobe, I almost hyperventilate.  It is the clothes that cause this, but the effect I know wearing those clothes are going to have on them and how they feel.

It never ceases to amaze me the psychological impact clothes and how we look can have on our daily lives.  I've seen this time and time again and it has even choked me to tears at times, sharing in the journey with my lovely clients.

I like to think I've channelled this energy for fashion positively through my Styling business and also my blogging.  Today I realised I am well and truly obsessed with clothes and even astounded myself, although it was only when my mom stood back in astonishment at the mission at hand!  Read on for a giggle...

Spending a large amount of my time in shopping centres, today presented a welcome break and some me-time for some self-retail therapy!  My mom is my favourite shopping companion, as a Stylist it's nice to have someone with me who knows me and my style and fashion obsession!  

I had seen THE most amazing blouse in River Island around a week ago and concocted an amazing outfit in my head out of it, which would be PERFECT for my trip to London tomorrow.  Nothing else in my wardrobe was ever going to do!  

I walked through the door and frantically scoured the floor for THE blouse!  NOT THERE!!! WHAT????  I couldn't find it and I went into a whirling dervish to find it.  As it was print and fairly 'stand-out' my heart literally sank as I realised it wasn't there.  

Ah, assistant spotted, 'excuse me, do you know where the cap-sleeved, chiffon, Versace-esque print, with leopard, coral, gold chain, buttons down front top is'?  Confused look thrown back at me.  It's hardly a non-distinctive top is it, she must know i thought!!  Oh dear, my mission was growing in scale!  I was quickly passed over to the sweetest Spanish assistant who honestly couldn't have been more helpful, my mom assured me it was because she was scared of the mission I was on!!  

Bless her, she scoured the floor and must've presented me with every Versace-esque top that bore any likeness and even consulted another two assistants who looked at me and saw the purpose in my stride as I moved around the shop floor!  Oh my god, how did I become this obsessed?  I wanted it yesterday and now I really really really WANTED IT!!!  

I even got straight on the River Island website and when it wouldn't load, I thought the assistant was going to make her escape.  I'm thinking she probably should have done!!

Other than the leopard Versace-esque top I went into secure, River Island have some absolutely gorgeous pieces for Spring/Summer.  Vibrant colours, prints, unique styles, it's a fashion lovers heaven and 'chiconomista' haunt as the prices really won't break the bank


£22 - RIVER ISLAND




£40 - RIVER ISLAND



£28 - RIVER ISLAND


I love all the playsuits they've brought in for summer and I just bought one for under £20 for when I'm over in Cali, but it works with opaque tights and my leather!  



£35 - RIVER ISLAND


Some of my favourite pieces in there right now have to be the bags and shoes.  From perfect flat sandals that ooze glam to killer heels for an outfit that rocks, they've got it covered

£25 - RIVER ISLAND



£50 - RIVER ISLAND
£75 - RIVER ISLAND



'Mission Versace-esque Blouse' was aborted at 14:11 hours, NEGATIVE.  Assistant X suggested I call back with product code and ask them to check again, I am not sure she's going to be taking that call though!

I left the shop empty-handed and couldn't understand why I was overheating, my mom turned to me and laughed.  

We laughed and laughed...and laughed some more and guess what?  I've thought up another FAB outfit now anyway! ;)  God bless fashion and my mission for it!  Even if I didn't get THE blouse, thanks fashion for the good laugh with my gorgeous mom x

(NEW OUTFIT: new mint green (THE colour of the season!) skinny jeans and blouse in the same colour, chain scarf and tan leather)




No comments:

Post a Comment