HOW TO NAIL KATE'S CORAL SKINNIES




Not wishing to sound obsessed with coral or in fact that I'm walking in Kate Middy's shadow, but I had to post about some FAB additions which will just make those coral skinnies rock!

Seeing as I debuted my coral skinny jeans on the same day as the Duchess, I'm not sure who got there first - whether she was style-inspired by The Chiconomista or vice versa ;)  Let's just leave it there...

Anyway, I have had a love affair with coral for the past two years, so much so that I had to ween myself off the colour, as it had seeped through my wardrobe bit by bit!  In the same way as leopard print and gold lame does!  Now that doesn't paint a very good picture of my style, but I assure you it's how you wear them!

There's an array of candy colours in this Spring's colour palette, so don't be afraid to mix it up and go for some sugary coating.  In fact, as I was gobbling down a packet of Cadbury's Mini Eggs, it came to me that they pretty much represent the colour palette that is so 'now' for the new season - an excuse to buy a packet of Mini Eggs if ever I heard one!

So in the name of my love of coral, my new coral skinny jeans and of course fashion, I am now sporting my nails coated in the wonder that is Shellac in 'Tropix' - a beautiful coral, which looks more red in the pic, but is the perfect match for my coral skinnies!


SHELLAC NAIL GEL IN TROPIX

Shellac is an amazing, super quick gel system which goes over your natural nails and stays put for 2-3 weeks, depending on the application and how you treat them.  I actually had them done recently in the US in the gorgeous 'Fedora' colour, which is a beautiful red-black a la Chanel Rouge Noir and they were applied so meticulously that they lasted 5 weeks!  Gotta love the US nail bars, can't wait to get back there!

OPI are hot on the tail of Shellac and have now launched their own gel system, not just the painted-from-the-pot-and-cured type, but actually from a nail polish bottle, which makes the total time much quicker.  OPI have the most amazing colours, so I'm on the look out for this system when I'm in Cali in April.

More coral goodies to wear with the coral skinnies....

BOOTS - £70 - RIVER ISLAND

My regular followers will know how much I love River Island.  I honestly don't think it matters how old you are, if you love a bit of high trend and drama, this shop gives it to you and they are getting rave reviews by the fash pack for their bags and accessories.  Cue the boots in above pic.  I nearly fainted!  I spotted these in this week's Grazia mag and am tracking a pair of size 8s as we speak.  They're not featured on the website yet, so keep checking back.  These kind of boots don't need styling up much, they will work with the simplest of outfits and in the words of one of my stylish US friends 'there's your outfit right there!'  Don't tan and coral work so well together?  **she dreams and swoons**

One more coral find to team with your Kate-coral-skinnies is this CUTE short-sleeved print blouse by Sugarhill Boutique


ROCKING HORSE PRINT BLOUSE - around £35 - SUGARHILL BOUTIQUE

Bright jeans work best teamed with nude tones, soft greys or a very slight shift from their own colour, which is why this coral blouse will work well with coral jeans.  I love the print on this, it is super cute and I'm off to click order right now!  I've just discovered Sugarhill Boutique and a number of celebs from Denise Van Outen to TOWIE celebs have been spotted wearing their gorgeous girly prints.  Fun and fashion, that's what we love!

Until next time, stay stylish coral lovers
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment